The collection is of international, national and regional importance. The Nirmala Central Library covers around 201 rare books in foreign languages and 757 books published after 1931. The collection also has 16 Braille books.
List Rare books available at Nirmala College Central Library , Muvattupuzha. Click Here
The college has subscribed via DELNET to the World’s biggest online collection of Indian Manuscripts & Antique Books. It offers online reading of 500 thousand leaves of manuscripts & antique books
The library has a total of 3680 archival collection under the following categories:
Questions Papers for reference
4. Special collection
The college library has different categories of special books based on utility to our readers or in commemoration of special occasions. The library has added books and other materials to the following categories.
- Kerala studies (covering Kerala history, folklore, social movements, freedom fighters etc. available both in English and Malayalam) 604 books
- Special collection on Swami Vivekananda (covering books by him, books on his life and/or sayings) 106 books
- Gandhian Studies (covering books written by Shri M. K. Gandhi, books on his life and his principles, books on the freedom struggle under his leadership, books on Gram swaraj women empowerment etc 280 books plus 100 volumes of his literary works were added in light of his 150th birth anniversary)
- Women studies or gender studies (women empowerment and on lives of women across various ages and nationalities) 112 books
- Research studies of the college community ( research studies by in house faculty)
- Research reports of the college community (reports of seminars and paper presentations by in house faculty)
- Career books (career guidance books, competitive exam helpers, interview guides and other self-help books) 904 books
5. Digital Repository Collection
We have set up a web page for this purpose (https://nirmaladigital.libsoft.org/). The page hosts e-resources of online courses, career sites, live news, e-newspapers, e-books, e-journals, e-thesis, archive of question papers, photos and videos of events etc.
6. CD/DVD Collection
The Nirmala college library has a total of 668 CD & DVD; including book accompanying CDs in its collection. The themes vary from literary, spiritual, computer applications, career and other general subjects.
7. Other Knowledge Resources
NDLI has been developed by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur.. It is single window platform that collects resources from premier learning institutions in India and abroad and other relevant sources. It is open to all at free of cost. NDLI is a virtual repository of learning resources with a single-window search facility (https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in)