1. While entering the library, footwears should be kept outside.
2. Personal belongings like bag, umbrella, etc. are not allowed to be taken inside the Library, or News House or Network Resource Centre – Digital Library (NRC-DL). It may be kept in the property counter. White paper may be taken inside for the purpose of taking notes.
3. Use of Mobile Phones will not be allowed inside the Library.
4. All persons entering the Library should register themselves in the Entrance/Gate Register.
5. While entering the library students should wear the II) cards in the proper position so as to enable the Staff to identify them.
6. Books of the Reference section will not be lent out but they may be consulted in the Library.
7. Strict silence shall he observe within the Library premises.
8. Readers will be responsible for any damage caused to books or an) Library property). To be safe, when a book is issued to a reader, he/she must point out to the Librarian any defect noted concerning the book. Otherwise, the presumption will be that the book was quite intact when issued.
9. If a book is damaged or lost by a member, he/she will have to replace it, or pay the cost of the book including postage, etc. within the time fixed by the librarian. If one volume of a set is damaged or lost by a member he/she must replace it by a copy of the same edition. If such a copy is not available, he shall replace the whole set within the time fixed by the Librarian. If a student happens to recover a lost volume after having replaced it or paid the value thereof, he will not be allowed to return it to the library and get back the new copy orbs price.
10. To borrow a book from the Library, find out the required book by searching the catalog or with the assistance of the Library staff
11. Before getting books and other reading materials students should produce their Identity Cards and Borrowers’ Tickets.
12. Books will be issued on all working days as per schedule. There will not be any Return of books during the Noon Interval.
13. The queue system is to be followed at the circulation counter.
14. The exchange of books between the students will not be allowed.
15. The period of loan is 14 days including the date of issue after which period a fine of Rs: 1 per day per book will be levied. Overdue charges should be remitted at the time of Return of books. Any book which is in special demand may be lent for shorter periods as determined by the Librarian.
16. Only writing materials can be taken inside the reading room and library.
17. All the books borrowed from the central library by students and members of the teaching and non-teaching staff must be returned by the first of March every year for the annual physical stock verification of the library.
18. Transfer Certificate will be issued and caution deposit refunded only after the clearing of all dues to the library.
19. A member of staff who proceeds on leave or on a transfer must return all books borrowed from the library before proceeding on leave/transfer.
20. The teaching staff who fails to return the library books on or before the due date also entails to pay the fine (Rs. 1/- per day).
21. For the loss of books, the following procedure will be followed. :
I. If the copies of the book are available with the suppliers, the book has to be replaced with a new one.
II. If it is not available for replacement, the value of the lost book will be realized at the following rates. :
a).Ten times the face value of the books which are published prior to 1946.
b). Six times face value of the hooks which are published prior to 1970.
c). Three times face value of the books in all other cases.
d). If the book value cannot be ascertained from the library stock registers, compensation will he fixed on the basis of the market price of similar publication at the time of fixation.
22. Books in the reference section will not be lent out, but they may be consulted in the library.
23. The Principal and the Librarian have the right to call back any book at 24 hours’ notice.
24. Strict silence should be observed in the library and its premises.
25. Books will be issued to the members of the staff from the Circulation Counter as per the norms. No member of the staff is allowed to keep with him more than 10 books at a time. All the books should be returned or renewed on or before the due date.
26. Periodicals should be replaced in the same display portion of the racks after use.
27. Books should not be misplaced. If the exact position is not clear, it can be kept on the table meant for the purpose.
28. All outgoing students should return the books borrowed from the Library as well as their Library cards before the closing of the academic year.
29. Loss of Borrowers’ Ticket should be reported to the Librarian immediately. Duplicate Borrowers’ Ticket will be issued only after verification and on payment of fine Rs. 50/-
30. Activities of the users will be under the surveillance of cameras in the library.