DEPARTMENT OF BOTANY
• Mrs. Leena John Submitted M.Phil. dissertation to the University of Delhi on “Structure of the Pistil in Some Members Of Leguminosae”, under the guidance of Dr. P.S. Ganapathy in 1987.
• Mrs. Leena John is doing full time research leading to Ph.D. at school of environmental sciences, M.G. University, Kottayam on “ Palynological studies of the South Indian Myrtales” under the guidance of Dr. M.E. Kuriakose under FIP of UGC XIth plan.
• Sr. Tessy Joseph, Submitted M.Phil. dissertation to the University of Madras on “an In vivo Assay on the Modulating Effect of Vitamin C on the Mitotoxicity and Clastogenicity of Streptomycinin Plant and Animal Systems” under the guidance of Dr. Dorairaj Rajaiah in 2003.
• Sr. Tessy Joseph, Submitted Ph.D thesis to the University of Pune On “Pharmacognostic studies on some antidysenteric leafy medicinal plants of Kerala region” under the guidance of Dr.S.Deokule, Dept. of Botany, University of Pune in 2007.
UGC Minor Research Project:
- The department has submitted a UGC minor research project on “Pharmacognostic Studies of Some Medicinal Plants of Kerala Region”, by Dr. Sr. Tessy Joseph as the Principal Investigator and Ms. Ansy P.S. as the Co- investigator.
- The department is having an ongoing UGC minor research project on "Capacity Building Training in Mushroom Cultivation for INFAM and SHG members of Avoly Panchayath" by Dr. Sr. Tessy Joseph as the Principal Investigator and Ms. Ansy P.S. as the Co- investigator. Click here to view Abstract
Consultancy Provided To
• Kottancheril Pharmaceuticals- for the publication of the book “Plants for Healthy Living” which deals with the the systematic identification of medicinal plants used in pharmaceutical products.
• B.Pharm. students of Nirmala college of Pharmacy in the systematic identification of Medicinal Plants.
• Mushroom cultivation training for SHG group members and other public people.
• Labeling of trees and shrubs in the campus.
• Maintenance of Botanical Garden
• Mushroom cultivation training for the local public